Education is an investment in your future and there are multiple ways to fund your schooling. ARROJO Cosmetology School works with future professionals to assist them in financing their education. We are committed to finding the best solution to get students started with their Financial Aid process.
PLEASE NOTE: ARROJO COSMETOLOGY SCHOOLS ARE LICENSED BY THE STATE OF NEW YORK. ARROJO COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL TRIBECA CAMPUS 200 HUDSON ST, NY, NY 10013 IS ACCREDITED BY NACCAS AND APPROVED TO OFFER TITLE IV FUNDING.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. Students are strongly encouraged to begin the application process three months prior to the class start date. Students applying for financial aid must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application at https://fafsa.gov/. Please include all verification documents and appropriate school forms to be considered. The school code for ARROJO Cosmetology is 042231.
Before you apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you must create a FSA ID & password. Apply for your free FSA ID here: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
You should have the following information and documents with you as you fill out the FAFSA:
- Your Social Security number
- Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are providing parent information (Not sure whether you will need to put your parents’ information on the FAFSA? Check out “Am I Dependent or Independent?” at www.studentaid.ed.gov/pubs)
- Your driver’s license number if you have one
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information or tax returns, including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are providing parent information. The IRS Data Retrieval tool allows FAFSA applicants and parents to transfer their income information from the IRS to the FAFSA. For the 2016-2017 award year ALL FAFSA on the Web (FOTW) applicants and parents of dependent applicants who indicate they have filed or will file a 2015 federal tax return will be directed to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to report and/or update their income information on the FAFSA.
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans’ non-education benefits, for you and for your parents if you are providing parent information.
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are providing parent information.
Within a few days, the US Department of Education will send you your Student Aid Report (SAR) - the result of your FAFSA. Review your SAR and, if necessary, make changes or corrections and submit your SAR for reprocessing. Your complete, correct SAR will contain your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) - the number used to determine your federal student aid eligibility.
ARROJO Cosmetology offers the following types of aid:
Federal Pell Grant
Grants are financial aid awards that do not require repayment. Grants are available to eligible students and are usually based upon financial need.
Learn more about Federal Pell Grants here: http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships/pell
Direct Subsidized Loan
Direct subsidized loans must be repaid with interest. The U.S. Department of Education pays interest while borrower is in school and during grace and deferment periods. Student must be enrolled at least half-time and have financial need. Current interest rate is 3.76%. Visit StudentAid.gov/interest for latest information on interest rates.
Learn more about Direct Subsidized Loans here:
Direct Unsubsidized Loan
Direct unsubsidized loans must be repaid with interest. The borrower is responsible for all interest. Student must be enrolled at least half-time; financial need is not required. Current interest rate is 3.76%. Visit StudentAid.gov/interest for latest information on interest rates.
Learn more about Direct Unsubsidized Loans here:
Direct PLUS Loan
Direct PLUS loans must be repaid with interest. Parents of dependent undergraduate students may apply for Direct PLUS loans up to the total cost of attendance, minus any other financial aid the student receives. The borrower is responsible for all interest. Student must be enrolled at least half-time; financial need is not required. Current interest rate is 6.31% Visit StudentAid.gov/interest for latest information on interest rates.
Learn more about PLUS loans for parents here: http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans/plus
Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible certificate program
Maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive financial aid (see the ARROJO Cosmetology SAP policy in our Course Catalog)
Sign statements on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) stating that you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant and you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes
Be registered with Selective Service, if you’re a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25)
Notify the Financial Aid office of any change of name, address, telephone number, Social Security number, or school enrollment status
Notify the Financial Aid office of any changes in your financial situation
Notify the Financial Aid office of any outside scholarships, grants or other source of assistance
Comply with all financial aid deadlines
Selective Service http://www.sss.gov:80/default.htm
Voter Registration http://www.elections.ny.gov/VotingRegister.html
Department of Education www.ed.gov
Net price calculator http://arrojocosmetology2.com/NetPriceCalculator/npcalc.htm
Gainful Employment Information http://arrojocosmetology2.com/Gedt/Gedt.html
National Centre for Education Statistics (CIP Code) Classification of Instructional Programs https://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/cipcode/cipdetail.aspx?y=55&cip=12.0401
Standard Occupational Code (SOC Code) Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists http://www.onetcodeconnector.org/ccreport/39-5012.00
2016 Annual Security Report PDF